06 October 2023

Google Form prompts user to Sign-in to Google - Fixed!

I recently modified a form that I've been using for years for basic feedback on a website I run. All of the sudden the new version had an ugly "Sign-in to Google" prompt at the very start. And to make things 100 times worse, the next line (in red) was "* indicates required question".



Needless to say that was confusing my users considerably!


If this happens, be sure to check all of these settings:

Under Responses:

  • Collect email address: Do not collect
  • Allow response editing: Off
  • Limit to 1 reponse: off

Under Presentation:

  • Disable autosave for all respondents: On

(It was the last one that had me stumped for a while!)

FYI, unsolicited plug: I've been using the extension "Email Notifications for Google Forms" by Digital Inspiration for a few years - just the Standard version - and it works exactly as advertised.

No comments: